SIG-DL is offering two Student Engagement Awards to assist students in becoming active contributors within the ASIS&T community.
Award 1: A modest monetary sum to assist with deferring travel costs to the ASIS&T Annual Meeting.
Award 2: A student-level membership to ASIS&T.
The SIG-DL Student Engagement Awards are intended to encourage professional activity in ASIS&T. They are for students who are interested in digital libraries and related initiatives.
The awards will be given in fall 2017, prior to the ASIS&T Annual Meeting. Award certificates will be presented in a ceremony during the SIG-DL Business Meeting at the ASIS&T Annual Meeting.
Eligibility & Selection
Graduate students currently enrolled in information science or library and information science programs are eligible to be nominated. Applicants will be evaluated based on demonstrated interest in contributing to the mission and goals of ASIS&T.
A panel of three SIG-DL Executive Committee members will select the award recipients. Selection is based on an evaluation of the applicant’s essay, biography, and resume. Financial need will also be considered as part of the applicant’s eligibility for the awards.
Application due: August 27, 2017
Awards notification: September 1, 2017
To submit a nomination, email SIG-DL (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the nomination materials. Self-nominations are accepted. Nominations will be reviewed once all materials have been received.
Materials to include:
– The nominee’s name, title, institution, phone, and email address.
– An essay (250-500 words) outlining activities and demonstrated interests which illustrate the outstanding potential for the nominee to contribute to ASIS&T in general and SIG-DL in particular.
– A brief biography of the nominee.
– A current resume of the nominee.
– Letters of support of the nominee are optional.