Welcome to the Special Interest Group in Digital Libraries (SIG-DL). We are a special interest group of the Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T).
SIG-DL provides a forum for discussion about research, development, and use of digital libraries in corporate, academic, and public contexts.
It is concerned with all aspects of digital library design and implementation including:
- copyright issues
- networked infrastructures
- interoperability of distributed databases
- database management
- policies and standards in relation to the digitization of material
- providing electronic access and authentication
- software, hardware, and peopleware
- project management
SIG-DL also works to facilitate increased international, interdisciplinary and inter-societal collaboration focusing on digital libraries and related issues.
Interested in joining our group? Find out more on the membership page.
SIG-DL is an active community of researchers and practitioners. Membership will keep you up-to-date on new developments in digital libraries.
STANDARD BYLAWS for ASIS&T SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS
Approved by Board, 2/2/1982; Amended 10/2/1986; Amended 5/20/1987; Amended 5/25/1999.
- ARTICLE I – Governance
- ARTICLE II – Name and Purpose
- ARTICLE III – Membership
- ARTICLE IV – Officers
- ARTICLE V – Duties of Officers
- ARTICLE VI – Executive Committee
- ARTICLE VII – Meetings
- ARTICLE VIII – Nominations and Elections
- ARTICLE IX – Amendments
- ARTICLE X – Operating Rules
- ARTICLE XI – Dissolution