SIG III: Getting Published in Reputable International Journals and Other Publications
Webinar Date: Wednesday, September 4, 2013, 11:30pm-12:30pm (EDT)
The ASIS&T Special Interest Group for International Information Issues (SIG III) has conducted over a dozen annual international paper contests where winning papers are published in the International Information and Library Review. However, some papers that are worthy of being published in the journal, are never published. Authors of those papers are often interested in learning about the policies and procedures for getting their papers submitted, reviewed, accepted, and eventually published in reputable international journals.
In this webinar, three distinguished speakers, who are all current and/or past editors and/or members of editorial boards of a number of major international journals as well as other major publications, will address the following five broad questions and topics to provide webinar participants with an understanding of the process for evaluation and review of manuscripts:
- How do you identify prestigious journals and conferences?
- What fundamental characteristics of manuscripts and their contents would enhance the chance of their being accepted and, eventually, published? In other words, what are the characteristics of an ideal manuscript?
- What problems and pitfalls should authors avoid in getting their manuscripts ready for submission to scholarly journals and publications? That is, what makes a manuscript likely to be rejected by editors in the first or subsequent rounds of review and evaluation?
- Mentors and advisors often talk about finding a scholarly journal and/or publication that is a good fit for a manuscript and its contents. What does that mean and how can one tell?
- What additional advice would you give specifically for scholars and authors from developing countries, including, but not limited to, those for whom English is not their native language?
|To submit your questions for the speakers (by Monday, September 2, 2013), please visit: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZJ9FXWF
| Webinar Pricing and Registration
|ASIS&T members and non-members: Free
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar. After the webinar broadcast, you will have unlimited access to the presentation.
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet