The following journals have accepted articles on the history and
philosophy of information science
- Hahn, T.B. and M. Buckland, eds. Historical Studies in
Information Science. Information Today: Medford, NJ. 1998.
- Hahn, T.B., R.V. Williams, and M.E. Bowden, eds.
Proceedings of the Conference on the History and Heritage of
Science Information Systems. Association of Information
Science: Medford, NJ. 1999.
- Bourne, C.P. and T.B. Hahn, A History of Online
Information Services: 1963-1976. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press,
- Bowden, M.E. and B. Rayward, eds., Proceedings of
the Second Conference on the History and Heritage of Scientific
Information Systems. Information Today Press: Medford,
- Day, R. The
Modern Invention of Information: Discourse, History, and Power.
Carbondale: Southern Illinois University Press, 2001.
- The Communication and Information
Technologies Section of the American
Social Association has some cognate
interests with HFIS:
- The Special Interest Group on Computers, Information and
Society (www.sigcis.org) of
the Society for the History of Technology (www.historyoftechnology.org)
has more than two hundred members and a well developed website
resources, and example syllabi related to the history of
information technology and its use.
- The American Library Association has a Library History