ASIS&T IA Summit 2003 "Making Connections"  
conference | preconference | schedule | registration | speakers | hotel & travel  
   

 

Knowledge Compass: Opening Windows, Punching Holes ion Stovepipes, Forming Communities, Connecting People to People
Saturday, 1:30 - 2:00
Session Three


Jane Starnes
Knowledge Compass: Opening Windows, Punching Holes ion Stovepipes,Forming Communities, Connecting People to People
Jane K. Starnes, Taxonomy Specialist, Intel Library

Companies don't know anything. The employees know everything it takes for the company to work. Only 20% of what employees know is documented. For the other 80%, how do they know where to look, who to ask, what's the best way, why that way?

This case study will be an overview of one Fortune 100 company's attempt to create a resource for identifying experts, storing questions and answers, identifying best practices, and sharing expertise across organizations. We'll discuss marketing, training and implementation program that brought this tool into use in our workplace. Also included will be an overview of the development of the taxonomy, metrics - measuring for success, and lessons learned.

View the Conference Schedule


American Society for Information Science and Technology 8555 16th Street, Suite 850, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910, USA
Tel. 301-495-0900, Fax: 301-495-0810 | E-mail: asis@asis.org

Copyright 2002, Association for Information Science and Technology

become an ASIST member visit ASIST