|AM Panels & Technical Sessions 2009||START Conference Manager|
This panel will focus on the challenges of sharing workspaces, whether it is in the home, in the workplace, or merely sharing archival or storage space on a server. In keeping with the conference theme, Thriving on Diversity, we will examine both the benefits and challenges of shared workspace. Among the questions to be addressed are the following:
• How do our behaviors change when we move from our personal information environments into shared space?
• How does shared space affect our searching behavior, organizing behavior, labeling and tagging behavior, for examples?
• What about our feelings of trust, privacy, and security with respect to the shared data?
• How do our values affect what we save and what we share?
• What happens when individual goals, methods, or purposes come into conflict? Panelists will discuss these issues with respect to research that is either completed or on-going. Among the panelists will be doctoral candidates from Drexel and UNC-CH as well as more senior researchers, including some who will be presenting papers at the Personal Information Management Workshop to be held prior to the conference. [Since we want to pick speakers who contribute the most relevant papers to the workshop, we cannot name those speakers until those papers have been reviewed and accepted].
SIG SPONSORSHIP?: Digital Libraries (DL)
|START Conference Manager (V2.54.6)|