|ASIST AM 03 2003||START ConferenceManager|
ASIST 2003 Annual Meeting -- Humanizing Information Technology: From Ideas to Bits and Back
ASIST AM 03 2003
Papers, posters and presentations are solicited in a wide variety of
information and technology related areas, including:
• Information management, organization and access, including classification and representation, metadata, taxonomies, indexing, XML, information architecture, digital libraries.
• Information seeking and use, including research on the role of information in daily lives and in work and the professions, use of various types of information technology, social contexts of information seeking.
• Information retrieval: information system performance, search engines, natural language processing, data mining, intelligent retrieval, multi- and cross-lingual retrieval.
• Interactivity: user and usability studies, design of human-computer interfaces, visualization, for all types of information technology.
• Ethical, social, political, legal and economic issues related to the role of information in society, such as privacy, copyright, information policy, as well as the social role of information technologies such as the Internet and the World Wide Web.
• Information production, transfer, and delivery, electronic publishing and dissemination.
• Technologies for computing and networking: information communication, collaboration, information security, e-commerce.
The conference themes will be explored by keynote and invited speakers, and through refereed papers, posters, panels, and technical sessions. Participation is invited through submission of papers and posters, and proposals for panels, technical and other sessions on topics related to the general themes.
|Go to ASIST AM 03 2003 Submission Page: ASIST AM 03 2003 Submissions|
|7 Feb 2003:||Deadline for submissions.|
|27 Mar 2003:||Notification of acceptance.|
|15 May 2003:||Final paper due.|
|October 19 - 22, 2003:||ASIST AM 03 2003.|