Thursday, November 16
9:00am - 5:00pm
THIS COURSE HAS BEEN CANCELLED. IT WILLBE OFFERED AGAIN AT THE
ASIS 2001 SUMMIT IN SAN FRANCISCO, CA, FEBRUARY 2, 2001.
Synonyms and Taxonomies: Thesaurus Design for Information Architects (separate fee)
Special Offering in cooperation with Argus Center for Information Architecture (argus-acia.com)
A thesaurus is a crucial component of any large web site or intranet, but designing an effective one can pose a number of challenges. This advanced, interactive workshop, led by the experts at
Argus Associates, will help participants gain an understanding of the importance of a thesaurus and how to build a high-quality one for their site. The workshop is targeted at professionals with at least one to
two years of experience designing information architectures for large web sites and intranets. Practicing information architects, usability engineers, interaction designers, and content authors will find this to be an
You Will Learn About
- A methodology for designing a thesaurus that takes into consideration business context, content and user needs;
- Content inventory and analysis;
- Site mapping, heuristic evaluation and benchmarking;
- User research methodologies;
- Integrating a thesaurus;
- Selecting the right tools and technologies to develop and maintain a thesaurus;
- Building a team to manage a thesaurus over time.
Argus Associates, Inc.