Sunday, November 12
9:00am - 5:00pm
Electronic Document Imaging (separate fee)
Electronic document imaging is coming to play an increasingly important role in records management operations.
This informative workshop will provide participants with an easy-to-understand overview of electronic document imaging concepts and will examine key technology and products, including the advantages and disadvantages of
You Will Learn About
- Typical work steps and components of electronic document imaging implementations;
- The types of applications for which electronic imaging is well suited;
- How imaging compares to paper and micrographics for records management applications;
- Some reasons why imaging implementations fail;
- Legal status of electronic document images;
- The relationship between imaging technology and record retention requirements;
- Overview of the imaging industry, including vendors, products, market segmentation and trends;
- Typical imaging configurations and costs.
William Saffady, Professor, Palmer School of Library and Information Sciences, Long Island University