SOUTHERN OHIO CHAPTER & UK STUDENT CHAPTER
Eric Weig, Digital Initiatives Librarian
University of Kentucky
"Metadata and the Digital Library"
WHEN: October 15, 2002 (Tuesday), 5:00 PM-- Annual Business Meeting and 5:30PM-- Speaker
WHERE: University of Kentucky - Young Library auditoriumCOST:
- Presentation only-- free
Eric Weig (MA in Library and Information Science from the University of Iowa) is Digital Initiatives Librarian at the University of Kentucky. Since its inception in 1999, he has acted as project manager for the Kentucky Virtual Library's Kentuckiana Digital Library Project. Eric is also responsible for directing a digital lab housed at the University of Kentucky's William T. Young Library and has served as an adjunct instructor for the University of Kentucky School of Library and Information Science. He is a member of the Society of American Archivists (SAA).
- For several miles northwest of Lexington, I-64 and I-75 merge. In that section, leave the interstate at exit 115, Newtown Pike.
- At end of exit ramp, turn towards Lexington. This will be right if coming from west or north, left if coming from south or east.
- After several miles come to the intersection of Newtown and Main Street. Turn left onto Main St.
- After approximately a mile, turn right onto Rose Street (7th traffic light).
- Go through intersections at High Street, Maxwell, and Euclid Ave.
- At the next traffic light turn left onto Columbia Ave, and turn into the first parking lot entry on right.
- Proceed to the attendant building. Parking validated at dinner in the Boone Faculty Center.
- 5:00 - 5:30: SOASIST Annual Business Meeting
- 5:30 - 7:00: Eric Weig
Register by 4 p.m., Friday, 10/11/2002, sent to Glen Horton, Greater Cincinnati Library Consortium, 2181 Victory Parkway, Suite 214, Cincinnati, OH, 45206-2855. Please indicate (1) association affiliation noting student/retired as appropriate, and (2) the name of your employer. Questions may be addressed to:email@example.com; (513) 751-4422.