Los Angeles Chapter of the Association for Information Science & Technology
Database Driven Websites
Friday, September 12, 2003
Kellogg West Conference Center
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Cal Poly Pomona, Pomona, California
- Database driven possibilities and unique applications
- Database technology in a nutshell
- Planning and building a database driven website - the hits, hurdles and horizon
- Using databases to serve up non-traditional resources
- Academic, public and special librarians
- Database and IT professionals
- Library and information technology students
- Dr. Samantha Hastings, incoming President of ASIST & Assoc. Professor, School of Library & Information Sciences, University of North Texas
Other Featured Speakers:
- Barry Mednick, Asst. Prof. Information Systems and Decision Sciences, CSUF
- Stefan Kramer, Director of Library Services, Fielding Graduate Institute
- Erik Adams, Electronic Resources Librarian at Sheppard, Mullin, Richter, and Hampton
- David Yamamoto, Library Web Developmer, UCLA
- David Walker, Web Development Librarian, San Marcos: OASIS Newsletter
- Tracy Mayfield, Librarian, CSULB: Database driven instruction scheduler
- John Jewell and Kristine Ogilvie, CA State Library
Look at the schedule for full details.
- $75     ASIST Members; Early Non-Members (postmarked on or before August 15); Full-time Students
- $95     Non-Members (postmarked after August 15)
Registration Deadline: Registration is closed. ON-SITE REGISTRATION IS NOT BE AVAILABLE!
Detailed map and driving directions available at:
Please note: All payments must be received by the registration date indicated. Full refunds will be given for any cancellations prior to that date. LACASIS reserves the right to invoice registered individuals who do not cancel within the specified time period. If you have registration questions, please contact Heather Hessel at
HHessel@getty.edu or 310-440-6192.