Celebrating the Diversity of Information Science in Europe
The Second Association for Information Science and Technology ASIS&T European Workshop 2013 was held between June 5 and 6, 2013 in Turku/Åbo, Finland. The workshop was organised by Information studies, School of Business and Economics, Åbo Akademi University and Department Cultural Sciences, Lund University in association with the European Chapter of Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T).
The aim of the workshop was to function as a cross-disciplinary forum for presenting and encountering the work of researchers and professionals in the fields of information and library science, technology and related disciplines including archival science, museum studies, and information and knowledge management. The workshop was second in the series started by the first ASIS&T European Workshop held in June 2011 in Cork, Ireland and hosted by the University College Cork.
To read the full report with descriptions of the presentations, keynotes and posters please open the Pdf:
THE DIVERSITY OF INFORMATION SCIENCE IN EUROPE
The third ASIS&T European Workshop will be 2015 in Osijek, Croatia.
Information Science and Technology Conference
June 5-6, Turku/Åbo, Finland
Description: The second ASIS&T European Workshop is organized by the Department of Information Studies, School of Business and Economics, Åbo Akademi University and the Department Cultural Sciences, Lund University in association with the European Chapter of ASIS&T. The workshop is an ideal cross-disciplinary forum to present and encounter work by researchers and professionals in the fields of information and library science, technology and related disciplines including archival science, museum studies, and information and knowledge management. The workshop will offer a unique networking opportunity where ideas and research can be discussed with fellow future luminaries of the field.
All researchers and practitioners including senior and junior faculty members, researchers, Masters and PhD students and for instance, librarians, and information specialists, are invited to submit research and position papers, posters and to propose other types of sessions for the workshop.
Deadline: February 1
Theme: “Digital information and institutions: changing practices of management and use”
Specific topics include e.g.:
- Changing roles, contexts and offerings of information institutions and services including libraries, archives, museums and other commercial and public institutions
- Critical and practical perspectives to information institutions and information in institutional contexts
- Critical and practical perspectives to the management and organization of information and knowledge
- Information systems and technologies
- Scholarly communication
- Information practices, behavior, retrieval and use
- Digital libraries and archives
- Information literacy
- Document studies
- Evaluation, measurement and informetric research of digital information and institutions
- User perspectives to digital information and institutions
- Information perspectives to social media
- Theoretical and conceptual perspectives of information science
Submissions: research papers, position papers, panels and alternative events, posters
Call for Papers
Further Information: Link to 1st ASIS&T European Workshop